Below please find some answers to common questions about our soccer programs.
What makes Ohio Extreme SC different than recreational or travel soccer:
- Professional Coaching – all coaches will either be current college coaches, current licensed coaches, or coaches that are in the process of obtaining their soccer coaching education. All coaches receive year round training on coaching the game of soccer.
- Top Leagues and Tournaments – all teams will be entered in the best soccer leagues and tournaments where the competition will make all players and teams better.
- Competitive – practices and games will be competitive and will be designed to improve each player within the team environment. We will join competitive leagues and tournaments to give each player/team the best opportunity to improve.
- Fun – a fundamental element of recreation is fun and while we are trying to improve we understand that we must also enjoy what we are doing.
- Professional Goalkeeper Training – all players will be trained by a professional goalkeeper trainer who works individually with each keeper.
- Year Round competitive practices and games (outdoor and indoor)
- 2 Indoor training facilities for year round training availability.
- Behind the scenes at college practices and games
- College training – our teams will be able to work with and meet college coaches from all over the state.
- A website decided to the club, the teams, and the players.
- A FAMILY atmosphere – we all support one another.
Who Plays Ohio Extreme Soccer Club? Our players joined because they:
- Love the game of soccer.
- Want to improve their level of play.
- Want to play with and against other top level soccer players.
- Want to be coached by the top coaches in the area and some of the best college coaches in the nation.
- Want to be great high school, college, and professional players.
Ohio Extreme Soccer Club is for parents who:
- Want to give their child the best chance at improving in the game of soccer.
- Want to enjoy the experiences that come from being a part of the Ohio Extreme family.
- Want to travel with their child to games and tournaments (great for family bonding).
Why is playing high level competitive soccer important? The Facts: Playing club soccer is the key to becoming the best soccer player possible. We surveyed 192 current college men’s and women’s soccer players..here are the results:
At what age did you begin playing organized soccer? 92% said ages 7 or younger.
At what age did you attend your first soccer tryout? 83% said ages 10 or younger.
How many years did you play both “club” and “rec” soccer in the same year? 71% said they never played club and rec in the same season. 19% answered 1 season before going to club exclusively.
At what age did you begin playing soccer “year round?” 88% said before they were 11 years old.
At what age did you stop playing any other organized sports (other than track and field or cross country)? 75% said by the age of 14 they had stopped playing other organized sports.
Which team did you feel like gave you the best chance to play college soccer? 89% said their club team, while 11% said their high school team (but in many cases, the respondents mentioned that it was because their high school program was one of the best in the state).
If you had a son or daughter who wanted to be the best soccer player he/she could be, at what age would you encourage him/her to start playing club soccer? 96% answered before the age of 10. We hope you take advantage of everything that we have to offer. Together we can help the soccer players of the greater Lima area become the best they can be, both on and off the field.